Do you want to take college courses while in high school? Fond du Lac High school currently offers courses through the Early College Credit Program (ECCP) and Start College Now Program. The program allows our students to take one or more courses at an institution of higher education for high school and/or college credit.
Early College Credit Program (ECCP)…
Here are the very important steps YOU need to take:
- Talk with your high school counselor to see if it’s a good fit for you. They will consider how the class aligns with academic plans and whether you meet the pre-requisite for taking a college level class.
- Fill out the Early College Credit Program (ECCP) application or Start College Now -
Application for UW Schools
Application for Private Institutions
Application for Technical College
- Turn in the FHS contract for ECCP/SCN with application to Mrs. Michalkiewicz.
Contract for FHS EECP/SCN
- DEADLINES - October 1 for spring classes, Feb. 1st for summer courses (not available for SCN) and March 1 for fall classes. NO late ECCP/SCN applications will be accepted.
- FDLSD will approve your application if you have selected college courses that are not comparable to courses we have at FHS, i.e. cannot take Accounting at a university, as we offer Accounting here.
- Once you are approved, the Special Programs Coordinator will forward your school approved ECCP applications as well as your transcripts onto the university in which you intend to take the course(s).
- At this time, you become “their student” and will be solely responsible for watching for emails and mailings regarding next steps - they will not release any information to us about you! They will contact you via the email or mailing address you provided on the application.
- Generally, next steps include filling out the application of your chosen college for example here is the standard UW System Application - https://apply.wisconsin.edu/
- YOU will need to create an account and apply as a “special student - Early College Credit Program (ECCP) in order to avoid paying the application fee.
- After the school counselors send your school approved ECCP application and transcripts to the university AND you have applied to the university using the link above, then THEY will decide to admit you or not, based on their incoming freshman applicant requirements.
- If they decide to admit you, you will receive a letter from them about registering for the ECCP course and next steps It will be YOUR responsibility to follow up with the university with your questions because again, they cannot share your information with us as you are now “their student.”
- If they decide not to admit you, they will notify you in writing that you have not been accepted.
- If you are admitted, they will contact you generally via email or mail about your next steps, specifically important registration dates
- If you miss a date and/or a step, they can decide to no longer admit you!
The Early College Credit Program is a student led initiative and opportunity.
Students are responsible for:
- Filling out the Early College Credit Program (ECCP) application and turning it in before the deadlines.
- Watching for communication from the university
- Applying to the university
- Watching for communication about admittance to the university
- Completing registration at the university
- Attending courses and passing
- FHS will pay for the course(s) as long as you pass and do not drop past the drop date deadline. If that happens, you will be responsible for paying the tuition for the course(s).